Friday 3 February 2012

Quality Tools: How to use it?

Assalamualaikum and a very good day I wish to you readers.

First of all, I'm sorry for the absence of new entry for so long. The thing is, I was waiting for my Innovation and Creativity Circle (ICC) Competition subject for this semester to further elaborate on the next topic; Quality tools.

So, for those who are new to my academic blog and quality engineering, I'm sure your not familiar yet with the quality tools. Therefore, for this entry, I'll list out the quality tools available first and will further explain them later on. So, let's the class begin! =D

Before we proceed, I would like you all to understand there are actually 14 Quality Tools that are divided into two, basic / 7 quality tools mainly for numerical data and 7 new quality tools mainly for verbal data.

7 Quality Tools:


  1. Flowchart: A diagram of the steps in a process.
  2. Check Sheet: A tool for organizing and collecting data, a tally of problems or other events by category.
  3. Histogram: A chart that shows an empirical frequency distribution.
  4. Pareto Chart: A diagram that arranges categories from highest to lowest frequency of occurrence.
  5. Scatter Diagram: A graph that shows the degree and direction of relationship between two variables.
  6. Control Chart: A statistical chart of time-ordered values of a sample statistic.
  7. Cause and Effect Diagram @ Ishikawa Diagram @ Fish Bone Diagram: A diagram used to organize a search for the cause(s) of a problem.
So, for ease of understanding, I have included how generally each of them look like as below:


So, I'm pretty sure most readers would be familiar with flowchart, histogram, scatter diagram and some, check sheet as we use them in our daily lives and in office. Without further ado, lets move on to the next one.

7 New Quality Tools:

  1. Affinity Diagram.
  2. Relationship Diagram.
  3. Tree Diagram.
  4. Matrix Diagram.
  5. Arrow Diagram.
  6. Process Decision Program  Chart.
  7. Matrix Data Analysis.


However, I would not explain for the new quality tools now since it requires a lengthy explanation. Nevertheless, I will explain them properly in later entry with examples Insya Allah. Thus, stay tune for next entry!

Spoiler Alert!: I will explain these quality tools using my ICC project as example so you guys could learn about ICC and quality tools at the same time! Effective and Efficient eh? =D

Thank You for reading. Prepare yourself for a mind-blowing experience of quality engineering application in my next entry!

rEdz

No comments:

Post a Comment